Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Thanksgiving Special!

Off Topic
Ok so I know that up to this point I have kept the posts mainly about game programming and general programming topics. But I feel it is necessary for a bit of personality to emerge. I have been struggling with ideas for new posts and haven't had the will to really bring myself to sit down for a couple hours and hammer out the next method of collision detection. That and I've been debating between posting a polygonal collision detection algorithm, and a fast distance checking algorithm.

Original Purpose
My original idea for this blog was to archive neat pieces of code that I think would be very useful for game programmers. At about the same time as I created this blog I wanted to create a website with Effects tutorials mainly because that was one thing in game development that I was unable to find a lot of on the net. Yes there are tons of tutorials for basically any technique, ie. Water, Terrain, shader effects, texture filtering algorithms, toon shading examples, etc. But unless you pickup a book or take a course on game programming and design, you'd never know the right terminology to use in your google searches. Or even get the depth you need to successfully implement those techniques. Still almost everyday I find out about some new technique or some cool tutorials. I hope to be sharing those in the future.

Moving Forward
So in the future I hope to post about many topics, some more personal info about projects I'm working on, events in my life etc... And am gonna try my best to increase the frequency of my posts and keep them as useful as possible.

Finally Thankgiving!
I work fulltime now, after graduating back in May, being lazy for a few months, and then getting a job. And driving 80 miles to and from work every day for about a month. Until I found an apartment. Then there is the loans and getting used to the fact that I'm over 50,000 dollars in debt and have a very small income after all those bills are paid. Not to mention the fact that my job has been quiet boring and definitely not ideal. Basically not a game developer job.

So, having a 4 day weekend getting to spend time with lots of family and my girlfriend is going to be a lot of fun. Also, a very large home grown turkey is going to be key. As well as waking up and watching the Macy Day parade; tradition!

I hope you all enjoy your thanksgiving! Drive safe be careful and eats lots of turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment