Saturday, June 9, 2018

Starting a studio and making games...

Anor Studios is started

You can see my games and play them on the Anor Studios Itch Page. Currently have been working on a small 2D arcade style shooter called Amber Sol you can play the demo with the itch client. Here the latest dev video.

Keep it simple...

I am trying to keep it as simple as possible and focus on polishing the design. Keeping it fun is a definite challenge. 

After years of practicing and making so many different variations of game framework codes I have finally been able to put my fingers on what makes a game feel good.

I was not able to do it alone. Here were a couple of videos that really solidified things in my mind on what makes a game feel good. It also happens to be the kinds of things that really really enjoyed about game programming.


You definitely need the juice. 

Here is another that I thought presented some good techniques.



Two videos worth watching. I was so excited after watching those two that I stayed up almost all night doing things I completely ignored to my then simple 2D space game.

It was incredibly satisfying, fun, and the biggest thing was it was easy. After all these years I missed something so obvious, the fun. It's of course in the explosions and the things going on on the screen.

So come along for the ride...

I don't plan on stopping any time soon so if you have followed me at all please keep doing so. I know I don't get the highest points for engagement. That really has never been my thing, mostly code has been it. But with itch I am really trying hard to get into marketing, building a community and being involved.

Call for help!

So if you can appreciate someone who really just takes a long time to "get with it" and want to help them out, please give me a shout out!

There is nothing like the motivation of knowing that what you do has an impact!

Thanks for reading and understanding!



No comments:

Post a Comment