Wednesday, September 27, 2017

LWJGL 3: Voxel Game Update (Adding blocks)

Well just a small update to report. I was able to get block placement working it works quiet well. It is obvious that there needs to be a small type of delay between each block being placed. Because they are placed really really fast.

The rebuilding of the vertex and texture buffers is also very quick which I am extremely happily surprised by the rebuilding happens in only a couple hundred milliseconds. Its enough for perhaps a slight jitter if done too much to fast but I will not be creating vertex and texture buffers to do animated effects. So for my purposes it does not appear that I will need to do any background jobs for rebuilding and swapping the rendering.

Although that is something that I would like to experiment with cause I'm a sucker for making things run as-fast-a-possible.

Now on to jumping and some world collisions stuff...and may be some moss growing :-D I'm excited (you should be scared)

No comments:

Post a Comment