Saturday, June 9, 2012

Still alive and still have no time

I am still here but at this point the only thing I am able to do is to think about game design and programming. The new job is going well but it is a lot of work. It's been a lot of fun and I am enjoying it even though it's not game programming. There are a lot of things that need too be done. It's good experience practicing my time management skills smoothing out some of the rough edges making sure I follow process guidelines that sort of thing.

Ok to the Blog. The next task is the sprite system which I think I now  will build a traditional sprite class in a single post then go about refactoring it and discussing some of the interesting design decisions. I have a work in progress uml but I think it morphed into needing other engine pieces not just the sprite system which I believe is a good thing.

What I am talking about is that in designing the sprite classes and removing some responsibilities putting them into other classes: for instance sprite movement and rendering. I removed those from the sprites responsibility in order to be able to encapsulate all sprite instances movement for performance, you'll see what I mean later down the road.

So I hope that I will be able to deliver at least a small sprite class implementation to work from this weekend. If not I give you permission to scold me nicely of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment