Friday, June 13, 2008

Particle Effects

So I decided to fiddle around with Particle Effects and came up with a simple demo drawing simple spheres to the screen. The idea of a good Particle Effects engine is to be efficient and to not bog down imperative rendering operations.

You don't want your sprite animation to suffer speed slow downs because of your particle effects. You would rather want the particle effects engine to scale to meet the load requirements of your game.

I created a simple particle emitter for prototyping purposes. I packaged it into an applet so that I can embed it in this post. Speeds will differ depending on your browsers performance and CPU, graphics card, etc...


Get the latest version of java to see this applet Sun Java


Right now its just a simple demo that I hope to expand and integrate into the 2D engine that I have been developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment